No matter how you keep your carpets clean, carpets become dirty eventually.
Just as the clothes we wear, carpets eventually become dirty that’s why regular carpet cleaning is very important to keep them fresh and germ-free.
Most odours can be eliminated reducing the risk of allergies as carpets harbour a lot of unseen bacteria, dirt and dust. Aside from that, it prevents you from harming your health. Another obvious reason to clean your carpet is to improve its smell.
This is especially true for homes with pets and children who often produce vomit and/or urine which may leave an unfortunate smell. Routine cleanings are important, and an occasional steam clean is a great option if you want a fresh smelling carpet.
When was the last time you remember having your carpets cleaned? Here are some of the basic tips to maintain the look and cleanliness of your carpet.
- NEVER RUB STAINS – Rubbing stained carpets causes the particles to get into the carpet fibres and can lead to the breakdown of fibres. Always blot from the outside of the stain inward, as blotting outward can spread the stain.
- TRY USING SHAVING CREAM – Using shaving cream to the stain is one of the ways in cleaning the stained carpet. Leave it for 30 minutes and blot it away with a dry white cloth. After that, spray a small amount of vinegar mixed with water then wipe away the solution with a cloth.
- HEAT WAX – Burning candles resulting to wax dripping onto the carpets where it dries quickly and gets embedded. Heating it up is the best way to remove it. Place a white cloth over the iron then put the iron on top of the wax to warm it up. Scrape off the wax with a butter knife.
- SUNLIGHT – Deflect direct sunlight away from carpet to prevent fading and discoloration.
- PROFESSIONAL CLEANING – It is recommended to have your carpets professionally cleaned before the soiling becomes noticeable. Clean carpet contributes to a healthy home in many ways, including the indoor air quality.
Even if your carpets don’t look dirty, carpets become dirty when we fail to maintain professional cleaning of the carpets. By extracting, it reaches deeply those harmful materials that you cannot see. Those accumulated soils and dust mites are the major causes of reduced carpet’s fabric life.
Regular vacuuming is necessary to keep it clean. However, most of the vacuum cleaners haven’t got what it takes to maintain the cleanliness of the carpets. Lifestyle Cleaning Services offers high-quality cleaning equipment, and well-trained cleaners giving you a hassle-free cleaning experience.