Unfortunately carpet can get quite dirty if it is not looked after properly. Keep your carpet clean by following our simple steps.
- Take your dirty shoes off. This is a very simple yet effective step. Encourage your kids to always take their dirty shoes off before stepping on carpet and make sure you do the same. This will significantly reduce the amount of dirt and stains in your carpet.
- Have door mats at all entrances so family members and guests can wipe their feet before entering the house. This will help keep your carpet clean as well as the rest of the house.
- Vacuum regularly. This ensures that dust and dirt is removed from the surface of the carpet before it sinks in. Empty the vacuum bag after every use for best results.
- Treat stains immediately to ensure it does not sink in. Make sure to blot the stain rather than rubbing as this can wear the fabric and push the stain into the carpet. Use neutral coloured rags and also vacuum the area after cleaning.
- Use carpet shampoo every 3-6 months to freshen up your carpet and give it a good clean. Make sure to choose a shampoo that is suitable for your carpet and start with a discreet area to test the product.
- Have your carpet professionally cleaned at least once a year. Professionals have specialised equipment and cleaning products that will clean your carpet much more effectively than your everyday cleaning products. It will leave you with beautifully clean carpet whilst also increasing the life of your carpet.
If you need help keeping your carpet clean, contact Lifestyle Cleaning Services on 1300 302 187 and get a free customised quote. Let us look after the cleaning so you can live the lifestyle you deserve. We are booking up fast so don’t miss out.